Table of Contents
Imagine you have your golf cart which you can use on the course and off the course too, isn’t it very enjoyable? Mostly, the golfers want to rent a golf cart, but it’s too expensive, especially when you are a daily golf player. So, leave the constant renting method every time the golf cart and buy yourself a good golf cart.
The golfer who spends a lot of his time on the golf course, then the investment on the cart is worth it. Don’t think that it will be a cheap decision because it is not actually. The golf carts are expensive, but you have to pay once, and then you will be free from renting the golf cart as you will have your own.
If you are thinking of buying a new golf cart, you should keep the golf cart batteries in mind. Usually, the carts travel about 8 to 13 miles on one charge, and the distance the cart covers depends upon different factors. In this guide on cart batteries, we will talk about the best 12V golf cart batteries.
The 12V batteries provide you the real power that your entire cart requires on the first go. If you compare 12V batteries with 6-volt ones, then the 12V need less battery and space in most cases. There are many 12-volt golf cart batteries, so buying the perfect one is a difficult task for sure.
Don’t worry; we are available here to give you the golf cart batteries review to make you choose easily. So let’s get started!
Top 10 best golf cart batteries 12V
1. Miady golf cart battery 12V – 12V golf cart batteries
The golf cart batteries are a necessary factor to consider before you buy because these batteries will give life to your cart for sure. The Miady batteries come up with different models and configurations in the market. Here we are talking about a 20-hour battery which gives you about 2000 cycles on the course.
The company made an environment-friendly product which gives no harm to you and not to your atmosphere. The long-life battery with an eco-friendly feature is like a blessing, especially over the golf greens. Moreover, this battery is very lightweight as compared to previous models of this company.
Another amazing thing about this 12V battery is that they haven’t used any harmful or poisonous manufacturing material. You can use this battery for other purposes, such as in UPS, boat, and solar systems. The versatility of this battery makes it more useful not only for golfers but for people too.
- Safest & highest cycle: The battery has very good chemical stability without any harmful fumes. It also gives you a large number of cycles when it’s fully charged on the golf course.
- Widely compatible: The latest technology gives the best solution of energy in your golf carts. It can be easily replaceable from the solar batteries that you might install previously.
- Powerful battery: This battery is very reliable and lightweight as compared to other batteries. The battery is very powerful in that it offers twice of energy capacity in less weightage.
- Silver-plated copper terminal: This type of terminals provides better conductivity and makes the best contact with the tools to reduce power loss and ensure normal supply.
This battery comes up with some amazing features as it provides a long life to your golf cart. The battery has some additional quick qualities such as explosion-free and amazing sealing, making the product more practical, easy to use, and reliable.
2. Trojan T-1275 golf cart battery 12V – Trojan golf cart batteries 12V
This battery is uniquely manufactured to provide their customers reliability and durability. It provides you the outstanding performance even on the hardest lands. Additionally, this company has the best track record of providing amazing batteries to electric, solar and other energy systems.
You can rely on this battery for sure as it gives all the amazing features with great performance and unique design. The deep-cycle technology makes its long-life battery proven to be very useful for your golf cart on the course. The maroon color design of this battery makes it distinctive among other models.
It provides your cart a long life with less price per ampere-hour over the greens. This battery gives a lot of advantages to their customers, including compatibility, longevity, and reliability. One drawback is that you have to keep it maintained and regularly check it if you want it to work properly.
- Lead-acid battery: This battery has used lead-acid in its manufacturing, which is flooded and provides you the golf cart’s long life whenever you travel in the golf game course.
- 150Ah battery: The battery comes up with great per ampere-hour, which gives the long life and large cycles. The deep-cycle technology is a very good addition to the battery, which is very useful.
- Compatible: The compatibility of a battery makes it very useful and advantageous as you can use it for many different purposes such as in cabins, RV’s, trucks, tugs, marine and solar or wind energy.
- Great performance: Trojan’s famous company provides the best performance and durability to the customers in their every battery model. So this battery also does justice.
This battery is manufactured by one of the famous companies on the market, which have a track record of providing amazing batteries for every purpose. So you can buy this one too without any hesitation as its style is very versatile.
3. Lynx golf cart battery 12V:
This battery is made up of premium and high-quality material, which provides you the amazingly long life of your golf cart. They have used lithium batteries in manufacturing which provides great performance without doing any harm to the environment. So don’t worry about the performance and the fear of harming the environment as this battery is great in these two features.
The battery has something in its design which pays off as a key in the working. The high-performance battery management system gives great efficiency and power for the battery’s proper functioning in a much better way. This system also manages the discharging and charging process.
Additionally, this system also can detect any problems or issues that might arise once you start traveling with your golf cart. Moreover, this battery has the automatic function of excluding the cell, which causes problems in the battery working, which increases the battery life for a long time.
- Complete protection: This battery gives full safety and protection to the customers. They have used high-quality material in the manufacturing, which is harmless not only for you but also for the environment.
- Easy to use: The mounting of this battery in the golf cart is very easy, and it is lightweight, which makes it more comfortable applying or changing whenever the need arises to alter it.
- Additional applications: Once you have to pay for the battery and then use it for multiple purposes such as marine boats, toys, wind & solar system, and power supplies.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee: This battery’s buildup comprises LiFePO4 cells, which offer excellent performance that easily lasts for 8 to 10 hours. Plus, this battery comes with a 5-year warranty, so you won’t need to worry about it.
These batteries proved to be amazing ones for your golf cart and other purposes too. High-quality manufacturing with a great managing system extends its life for a long period. You can buy this battery with confidence as it is highly recommended.
4. FLYPOWER golf cart battery 12V:
The FlyPower Company has been in the industry of batteries for about thirty years. They mostly made lithium batteries and provided the batteries all around the world with great confidence. If you want a lightweight battery for your cart, this one is the lightest battery ever with such great features.
The matte finish design of the battery makes it more appealing. The battery’s working is very impressive not only for the golf cart but also for other purposes. This battery has many satisfied and happy customers. The battery has a good protection system which is reliable and useable for sure.
A little drawback is that the battery has a slow rate of discharging, but despite this, all overworking and features are very amazing. Once you charge it, you don’t have to take tension about the charging and discharging. If you use it with proper care, the battery life extends up to ten years.
- Highly efficient: This battery provides excellent performance with great efficiency compared to lead-acid batteries, which are traditionally used in golf carts or other purposes.
- 100% safe: The batteries’ manufacturing is made with special care by considering you and your cart safety first from any problem or difficulty. So don’t take tension and buy with confidence.
- Long life: This battery has the largest deep cycles, which range from 3000 to 7000. These also extend the age of the battery up to ten years. The discharge rate is also very high for this battery.
- Long warranty: The warranty of this battery is about five years which proves to be very amazing for you as a customer. If you might have some problem, and then you can easily talk with the company.
The company has featured the latest technology and great system with amazing features. This battery comes up with an affordable price which values good for the money. The long period guarantee makes this battery more appealing to the customers as customers would never need to be worried about its guaranty and warranty period.
5. ACDelo golf cart battery 12V:
If you want great power with reliability, then these batteries are the solution or answer to your search. This battery pays off at your every power supply need, such as heavy-duty offerings, automotive and golf carts and marines, etc. They have a standard of performance which the company sets to give the quality.
The company has used the exceptional material in the batteries’ production, which provides the improved performance you are looking for. The battery is a choice of professionals as it meets all the needs excellently and, in return, offers you great value for the money you pay before buying it for the cart.
With this battery, you don’t have to worry about charging or discharging as the installed system does it independently. The company ensures that the laboratory and field-proven have tested this battery, so you can buy it without any hesitation as it will surely give your golf cart the right driver at the right time.
- Durable design: The making and designing of this battery are very impressive. The body and the system installed inside works well, which extends the durability of the battery’s life when you use it.
- Usage of calcium alloy: They have used calcium alloy, which increases the cycle life and lessens the battery’s need for water consumption. Additionally, it has resistivity against rust.
- 100% no leakage: If you have this battery in your golf cart, you should not worry about leakage or spilling. The battery’s valve system is very good, which increases the life too.
- Hassle-free: This battery does not need the water to be put inside it for the proper working, mostly batteries. By having this, you don’t have to water it whenever you travel with your golf cart.
This battery works out in a better way as compared to other batteries. The design and performance are satisfactory by the experts and users who already used it. If you have a budget for buying a golf cart battery, then it’s a good choice.
6. Renogy golf cart battery 12V:
Whenever you search for any deep cycle batteries, you might figure out many brands, but Renogy is one of the most well-known battery companies in the market. They have many different types of models which include different kinds of specialty such as this one has the property of long life in the working.
This deep cycle battery is regarded as a high-performance battery that you can expect to last for a long time without difficulty. It is a powerful company model that gives the highest current rating, which is more than enough for the customers, especially for the golf carts that travel weekly.
This battery’s capacity power is also very high, through which the charging remains for a long period. Another good thing is that this battery comes up with a long time warranty so that users can enjoy the proper working of the battery without any problem, and if a problem comes, you can tell to company.
- Maintenance-free: Combating the latest technology with AGM separators makes it free from any special maintenance type, convenient for golfers and other users.
- Great discharge working: It gives excellent discharging performance by having the alloy and plate grids inside, lowering the resistance, and allowing high current up to 10 times.
- Long shelf life: The battery is made up of high-quality materials, which can easily lower the rate of self-discharge below 3%, which increases the life of the battery for proper working. So this battery has a long shelf life, and the user would not need to worry about its longevity.
- Wide temp range: They have used the enhanced electrolyte formula, which gives the surety of stable capacity and great discharge even at low temperatures such as below 32F (0C).
This battery is one of the good choices in the market to use for golf carts. The biggest advantage is that you don’t have to worry about the maintenance, which is mostly very important. So if you are a lazy person, then it suits you.
7. Optima batteries yellow golf cart battery 12V:
This battery is regarded as the ultimate power source for every need that requires a power supply. They are known as dual-purpose batteries, which you can use in multiple things. The yellow top batteries are used when you need a high discharge cycle than ordinary golfers need for their golf cart.
This battery gives you extra high performance with premium quality and deep cycling technology. It has a distinctive design of spiral cell that gives its users a clean and strong power source. The battery also ensures the safety of you, your family, and the vehicle in which you are installing it for working.
If you use your cart, not daily, this battery works out very well for seasonal usage. The reason behind this is that it has a very low rate of discharge. It means you can store your cart one season with continuous charging and then use it in the other season you might frequently play in the course.
- Constant performance: This battery gives continuous working as it can store the capacity of 66 minutes which makes this battery a more reliable source of power for your cart. Its constant performance makes this battery a great choice for many.
- Shock-resistant: If you have this battery in your cart, leave every problem behind because it has high resistivity to the shock and vibration, which is probably up to 15 times higher than ordinary.
- Spiral cell technology: The battery manufacturing has used pure spiral cell technology, which gives users the confidence to heavy power and consistent performance than other batteries.
- Free-mounting: This battery has one more advantage, which proves to be very useful. You can orientate it in any position you want without the fear of spilling or leakage, making it useful for you.
Now summing up the product, you can say this battery is unique, offering a very high and strong power source. Moreover, it can protect your environment and your family by keeping you away from any trouble.
8. ODYSSEY 34/78-PC1500DT golf cart battery 12V:
If you want a battery that should be a combo of longevity and supreme quality, this battery is an ideal choice for your golf cart. Without any comparison, this battery has been on the top of the rank for providing the best deep cycling and high cranking amps in the market; now you can see what it is!
We like the most about this battery because it is very compatible with temperatures from high to low. Whether you are a daily player or seasonal player of golf, this battery will work out for your cart in any weather condition, whether it’s cold or a hot summer day on the course.
It offers you very amazing features with some additional qualities which can make you choose this battery for sure. This battery is very useful, and you don’t have to wait for discharging this battery for more than 4 to 6 hours. The four-year warranty makes it more advantageous and appealing to the customers.
- Mounting flexibility: This product gives you the relaxation of placing this battery in any position anywhere you want. The design and non-spillage make this thing very easy and comfy for golfers. And the mounting flexibility makes it a great choice for many people.
- Temp tolerant: The battery can tolerate every range of temperature without any fear of leakage or spilling. It works amazingly in temp -40 degrees to 45 degrees which are exceptional surely; this is the reason why this battery is highly recommended.
- Faster recharge: With other ordinary batteries, you have to wait for a very long time to discharge completely, but if you have this battery, this problem is also solved as it has a high rate of discharge.
- Longer cycle life: This battery gives the great stability of voltage for a long period and 80% discharging at 400 cycles extends the life of the cycle, which proves to be good for the golf cart.
This battery gives high quality with outstanding performance to its customers, proving to be good for the golf carts. You can use it every season without any fear of leakage. It is a great choice for the golfer who needs high performance.
9. SCREMOWER LiFePO4 golf cart battery 12V:
If you seek a lithium battery for your golf cart in the market, this battery will work out for you. The battery cells, which are internally mounted, provide exceptional performance and long-lasting life of the battery and the cycles. With your cart, this battery will make a great combo.
It has a protection system that protects you from any mishap or abnormal conditions such as overcharging, overheating, or overloading sometimes. This lithium-ion battery gives you the same features as lead-acid batteries, but they are much safer and less harmful than those batteries.
Moreover, lightweight batteries are easy to change or place anywhere. You can use this light battery in your outdoors without any fatigue. You have to pay once, and then you can use this battery for multiple purposes. Not only for golf cart but will also help you in managing your other powered supplies with great ease.
- Efficient power: This battery has flat curve discharge, which can easily hold the 12V and provide the customers with the boosted power whenever they use the battery in the cart to travel over the course.
- Easy installation: With mounting flexibility, you can easily place it and take it anywhere with you. So, it is very easy to install and helps you a lot in your outdoors like camping, playing, etc.
- Long life: The life of this battery is very long as compared to lead-acid batteries. It lasts for eight to ten times higher than an ordinary battery if you have it in your cart. Once you try, you will know.
- Less hazardous: The lithium-ion batteries are eco-friendly, and they are especially created to protect the environment and people riding on with these batteries in the vehicles. So one can surely buy this battery without the fear of harming the environment or people.
This battery provides good service at an affordable price. If you have set a budget for buying the battery for your golf cart, it will be a better choice. The main thing is that it is less harmful as compared to lead-acid ones.
10. Universal power group 12350 golf cart battery 12V:
This company’s batteries are also very famous in the market, just like Trojan. They made the solar system batteries, but they can be used in the golf cart and worked amazingly. This battery grasps the single charge, which lasts for a long time surprisingly and will work out well in the cart too.
These batteries hold very well, especially for the people who require fewer maintenance batteries for their golf carts. So if you have this battery in your cart, leave the worries behind and travel over the greens with confidence. Additionally, the battery can be placed in any position; you want to set it according to choice.
Mostly the golf carts have a spacious room to place the batteries inside, but if your cart has less space, then don’t worry if you have this battery because it can be placed in any position. The long-lasting life and comfy & easy maintenance of this battery make it a good choice for golfers or cart drivers surely.
- Spill-proof: This battery has a system installed inside, which keeps the battery away from any leakage and spilling; you might thinking that mounting in any position may cause this issue but not at all.
- A broad range of temp: By having these batteries in your cart, you can easily travel in the course at any temperature without the fear of any burning of batteries or freezing in cold winter.
- Low self-discharge: If a battery has a low discharging rate, then that battery will surely have a long life. So this battery ensures the longevity of life by having a low rate of discharge.
- Ideal battery: For the golf cart, there is no need for heavy batteries. Then this battery is ideal for your cart with such a great performance and additional features. So you will love it once you try.
This battery suits the golfers who need less maintenance battery and a budget for buying the product. This battery gives you better qualities with great performance. Once you try it, we are sure you will start loving it.
Buying guide – best golf cart batteries 12v
When you seek to buy any product in the market, you already know that every company has its production standards. The same case goes with the golf cart batteries. So, whenever you want to buy anything, read reviews and research properly as it will help you a lot in getting the right thing for you.
The golf cart batteries have many types and factors that you should keep in mind before buying. Moreover, it will prevent you from wasting your money on any ordinary product which may not be suitable for you. So we are here to guide you completely about the things you should seek in your golf cart battery of 12V.
So let’s get into it!
Types of battery:
If you need a battery for a golf cart, then the market is flooded with different types of battery which are given below:
- AGM lead-acid battery: This kind of battery is manufactured with the latest technologies, and you can say that these are the most advanced batteries in the market nowadays. They are specially designed with the ability to resistant to vibrations and shock. This battery can stand out with tough use and proves to be very durable.
- Flooded lead-acid battery: This type of battery includes sulphuric acid and lead plates in its manufacturing, amazingly versatile. The golfers most commonly use these batteries for their golf carts. The main advantage of these is that you can use them for many purposes and pay for once.
On the basics, the amperage calculates the capacity of power and also tells that how much power your battery will gain whenever the golf cart is running. With this definition, now you can understand that the amperage is a very important factor as it is the driving force that enables your cart to move over the greens. Always consider the battery with high amperage because your battery will last for a long time with more power.
Connections and terminals:
Before buying the battery, make sure that the number of connections is complete or not. Also, check the thickness of the cables which come up in the packaging. If you have the right terminals and cables, then your battery will also work efficiently. Moreover, the proper cabling helps in preventing the overheating of the battery in your cart.
Warranty and fine print:
The warranty printed on the battery is also an essential thing to notice because sometimes some hidden clauses may cause a future problem. Before buying, must check the warranty issued by the sellers and the company. The battery with a long warranty is much better to choose from as it will help you replace it if you find any damage or any other problem.
The light and heavily weighted batteries have their advantages and disadvantages. The heavy batteries provide stability as there will be no fear of falling them out of the cart. On the other hand, the heavyweight of the battery will make your travel slow. The lightweight batteries are easy to place and change as compared to heavy ones. But the light ones can be fall out from your cart as well. So it’s up to your preference.
Battery life cycle:
The battery’s life cycle can be determined by calculating the number of times you charge it. If you are a player who plays daily, you need a battery that can last for a long time without charging it again and again. So before buying, check the life of the battery and then make a choice.
If you are going to purchase a battery for your cart, then the dimensions will play an important part. The reason behind it is that you would not want to buy a battery that cannot fit in your cart. So before going, just check the dimensions of the battery you have chosen to buy from the market. It will help you a lot in getting the right one for your cart.
The charger of the battery:
Always check that the specifications of the charger must coordinate with the needs of the battery. Prevent yourself from the situation in which you buy a battery, but the charger can’t meet the needs. So check the size and power supply of the charger whether it aligns with the battery or not.
Buy unused battery:
It is highly recommended that you always buy unused batteries. Having the new battery in your golf cart will be more useful than having a used one. It will also keep you away from different defects or problems that might use battery causes. Additionally, the new battery will last for a long time. So try to buy a new one.
frequently asked questions
1) How much the price of installing a 12V battery in my golf cart?
Every company has its standard of manufacturing the batteries, and the cost of any 12V battery depends upon different factors. It includes the production, the technologies, features, power supply, amperage, etc.
The famous and old companies that provide the high-quality battery with the best features cost a bit high compared to traditional batteries. Usually, the batteries for the golf cart cost from $250 to $400. So it’s up to your budget that which you prefer.
2) How long 12V battery in my golf cart do last?
The long-lasting battery depends on different factors, and if you keep those facts in your mind, then your battery will last for a long time. If you maintain your battery with proper care, then it will surely last for a long time.
The experts say that with proper care, the golf cart batteries last for 4 to 6 years. The long-lasting battery also depends on how much you go on the course with a golf cart. If you are a seasonal player, then it lasts for more years.
3) Through which way should I be known that my 12V battery is bad for my cart?
You can test your battery properly, and then you should be known that is your battery bad or good. First of all, inspect the battery whether you have a broken terminal or any leaking or discoloration, etc.; the broken terminals are dangerous, so check it.
Secondly, take a reading of voltage, and if you have 0 volts, then it might be your battery has a short circuit, or if your battery can’t gain more than 10.5, it might have a dead cell. Lastly, take the load test of the battery. (source)
4) Can I leave my 12V battery on charge for the whole night?
There is no risk of putting your battery on the charge for the whole night if you have the best quality charger. Ordinary batteries may cause a problem, but there is usually no problem in doing this. The battery is fully charged within 24 hours.
Although there is not any problem with charging overnight, it is recommended that you do not leave the battery on the charger for the whole night. If you have an important reason, then you should go for it.
5) In which ways can I test the 12V battery that I installed in my golf cart?
There are many ways to test your 12V battery, which you can find on the internet and even YouTube tutorials. I will tell you briefly here that the easiest way to measure your battery is the multi-meter device.
Secondly, you can measure your 12V battery by having a voltmeter. You just need to connect the battery’s terminals with the voltmeter’s terminals properly. Then you will observe the voltage drop on the device.
6) I have a 12V battery for my golf cart; is it still a bad one for the cart?
The answer to this query depends upon different types of answers. First of all, what type of 12V battery you have in your golf cart. Moreover, ask whether your cart is capable of having a 12V battery for its running and working.
The deep cycle 12V batteries proved to be very amazing for the golf carts. These types of batteries are a necessity for the proper running of a cart in the course. If a fault occurs, then it means your battery has some issues.
7) Which batteries are far better for golf carts, lead acid or lithium ones?
The lead-acid batteries have been used for decades as these were the cost-effective source of power in the golf carts. With the latest technologies, lithium batteries are becoming more popular with the advantage of LiFePO4 in the cart.
Lithium batteries have more advantages as compared to lead-acid ones when you install them in the golf carts. The carrying capacity, maintenance-free, and high charging speed are the main aspects that make them more common and quite useful.
8) Is the lithium battery for the golf cart more compatible than lead-acid ones?
If you replace your lead-acid battery with a lithium battery, then you will notice the change by yourself. These lithium batteries boost the battery’s performance with many exceptional advantages, which will make you happy.
The amazing advantages of these batteries proved to be very amazing for the users. Some carts need a separate kit to replace the lithium one but don’t worry; some lithium batteries are very compatible, so choose them.
9) Which signs tell me that it’s time to replace my golf cart battery?
The carts are used in chasing the birdie and around the complexes and communities, so it needs a durable and reliable battery. The top sign is that the golf cart is not like the usual carts, so it then changes when the power supply decreases.
The second sign is that if you drive your golf cart and there is some problem climbing the hills, then there is a need to change the battery with a new one. If your battery has started leaking or has any broken terminal, then rush to buy a new one.
10) How should I re-live my golf cart if my battery is fully dead?
This issue arises whenever you take your golf cart out after a long period. In this case, the batteries are either not fully charged or some other problem. First of all, keep the charger of the battery in the cart always, so it helps in the case of emergency.
The only method to revive your batteries is to plug them back in the switches so that they can get charge and start. If, after doing this, your battery is still dead, then there should be some internal issues that you should check after opening it.
11) If my battery is not working, then is there a problem with the charger or battery?
In most cases and situations, the problem is caused due to the battery itself. Sometimes, internal system issues cannot be seen from the top without opening them. If you think that your charger has a problem, then there is a solution.
Plug your charger with another battery of the golf cart; after charging, there would be a battery problem if that battery starts working. If not, then your charger is not working properly, or may it is dead from inside. Keep both consequences in mind.
We have provided you the best reviews, the buying guide, and the most asked questions, which will surely help you choose the right battery for your cart. All of the products we mentioned in this article are the top products in the market for sure.
We made this article for your convenience that once you read it thoroughly and then, you will choose your perfect one. Choosing one of them is difficult to do as every product is best in its way, but in our recommendation, the Lynx golf cart battery 12V is the best one.
This product has been top reviewed on amazon not only by the users but also by experts and professionals as an impressive battery. This battery’s working and performance are outstanding, and great features make it more exceptional and long-lasting.
No matter what battery you choose for your cart, we hope it will not disappoint you in any way.