Table of Contents
We already know that the batteries prove to be like a powerhouse for the golf carts. Your golf cart only runs if you have installed a battery inside it. But the battery also needs the power to generate the golf cart for traveling, so from where the battery gets that power?
That power the battery gets comes from the charger, which is the actual source of supplying the power to the golf cart indeed. That’s why the right charger for your battery is very important to get an accurate power supply.
If you get the right charger for the golf cart battery, then your cart will run smoothly over the golf course without any difficulty. The chargers and battery combo’s important thing is to buy a charger with the same voltage as the battery.
The battery’s quality charger will help you ensure whether the battery performs well or not and about the battery’s durability. Buying the ideal one is a difficult task to do as markets are full of various products.
This article will offer you the top 10 48-volt golf cart battery charger reviews, which will surely help you select the right one for your cart’s battery. Read the whole article; once you go through it, we are sure you will choose the best one.
Let’s get started!
Top 10 best 48 volt golf cart battery charger
1. Golf cart king Yamaha battery charger:
If you want a real powerhouse for your 48V golf cart battery, this charger is the best choice. This model of the company provides an amazing range of features which works out great. The build-up of the battery is well-manufactured by the company, which is easily capable of supplying high power.
Having this charger for your golf cart battery enables you to do the safest and fastest charging. The charger has a technology of multi-stage charging through which you can power up your battery in different stages with ease and comfort. This innovation automatically checks the state of the battery by giving an efficient performance.
This charger is not the cheapest, but once you invest in this high-quality charger, you will see the difference in your battery’s performance in the golf cart. It provides you the longevity of your battery by increasing the life of cycles of the battery. This charger is versatile, can cope up with every type of battery.
- Trickle charger: The charger has this ability inside, which keeps your battery fully charged even if your golf cart is in the storage. You can drive out your golf cart any time with confidence despite every fear.
- Multi-stage charging: This charger makes you feel relax while you have the best charger for your battery. The multi-stage charging procedure checks the state and then makes it ready and then charges it.
- Ammeter: The charger comes up with an ammeter to check the battery’s condition and the charger. This enables you to maintain and to keep the balance with ease & comfort.
- LED system: The charger has a built-in LED system that lets you know something bad with your battery. This system ensures your safety from any kind of accident or sparking.
This charger is no doubt has a high price but keep in mind that it invests for one time in the high-quality product rather than changing the cheap ones again and again. This charger has great features and efficient working which will not down you.
2. FORMCHARGE EZGO battery charger:
If you want a battery charger for your golf cart, which is innovative and latest, then the charger is made for you. It comes up with outstanding features and amazing performance, which appeals to you to buy it. Moreover, the battery looks are also very attractive as its build-up is red, which is very appealing.
The first advantage of having this charger for the battery is that you have a lot of space. Usually, the charging cord is short and causes charging issues, but this charger has a long cord. This enables you to charge your battery at any place without feeling cramped or irritated.
Additionally, this charger’s other attractive thing is that it is very light in weight, making you carry it anywhere with much ease and comfort. You can transfer it from home to the golf club very easily without any difficulty. The triangle design of the plug is also a good thing, and the charger is also versatile.
- Rapid charge: This charger provides you peace of mind as all you have to do plug in the cord and then forget about it. The safety measures are build-in which gives you the surety of preventing any mishap.
- Extended power cables: The charger has 16ft long cables for charging, which provides you an easy and spacious charger. Moreover, there is no need to add up more cables which are quite dangerous.
- Portable and lightweight: This charger’s weight is very light, which makes it very portable. You can take the charger with you everywhere, so you have the ease of charging anytime, anywhere.
- 3-stage smart charge: This latest technology makes it more innovative. This charger can easily charge your battery in days or weeks rather than charging for months to travel along with carts.
This golf cart battery charger proves to be extremely efficient and high-powered. The latest charging technologies and quick charge make it very amazing and outstanding. Not suits every type of battery, but all over, it’s very great.
3. Golf cart king MODZ max48 battery charger:
This charger of the golf cart battery is one of the most innovative ones in the market you ever need. This charger can work well on all board and non–board golf cart models without any difficulty, proving to be a versatile charger. Mostly, the chargers can work with one type at one time, but this charger can do.
If your golf cart battery has an on-board computer, this charger will easily detect it and start performing according to your cart. This charger has the latest chips built inside to charge the battery on the real-time battery pack capacity and climate temperature readings.
The max48 charger has the soft switch technology, which gives constant reliability with low power consumption. The charger’s construction is made with aluminum casting, which is lightweight, and you can mount this charger in any position because of its sleek and smart design, which proves to be very comfortable.
- Easy to operate: The operation of this battery is very easy to learn and use. All you have to do is plug in your charger and then forget about it as the charger checks the battery’s status.
- Easy-to-carry handle: It has an easy carry handle that is very portable for transferring it from home to golf club. The high visible handle provides convenient grabbing over the charger.
- Ultra-lightweight: the weight of this battery is only 7 pounds which seems to be ultra-lightweight. Most of the weight is occupied by OEM chargers. You can easily put it anywhere at any time.
- Easy mounting: this charger has built-in holes and a mounting base through which you can easily place it anywhere you want. Place it around the table and start charging your golf cart battery.
This charger is one of the most innovative, efficient, amazing, and outstanding chargers for sure. You can use it for every type of golf cart battery without any difficulty. This charger is very convenient to use as it can easily be mounted anywhere.
4. Abakoo Golf cart battery charger:
It is one of the best golf chargers due to its working ability time. You can spend more time in the golf course due to this charger, so there is no need to spend more time in the garage. It also does not break the bank to get your cart up every time you need it. It works effectively, even for beginners.
The advanced feature that is introduced in it is that it has a trickle mode in it. This mode helps the user use the charger more effectively, and it also improves its longevity when in return, it improves your battery life. It also enhances its working, and you can increase its reliability by not overcharging it.
For a better understanding of power usage, there are two LED lights introduced in it. It helps to understand the power usage of the batteries better. The LED lights operate on different frequency range that the golfers can monitor. There is a huge range of battery capacities available in the market.
- Auto maintained: it has an automatic charging feature that is more convenient for golfers. There is also an advanced trickle mode in it. The power usage can also be tracked.
- Voltage range: The input voltage that it provides you is of the range 110-120v. The mode of the signal is AC in the input voltage of the charger.
- Mode of operation: The output voltage of the charger ranges from 58.8v to onward. The output mode of charging is the DC one in it.
- Battery capacitance: The battery capacitance range is 15Amps. It can charge the battery capacitance about 15 Amps per hour. You can monitor your charging status by the LED lights introduced in it.
If you are looking for a user-friendly Golf cart charger, then this is surely for you, with a high output range. It is highly efficient, and you can easily use it for overnight charging due to the trickle mode. You are fully permitted to get your hands on this charger, and before buying it, make sure that you are not buying the wrong size.
5. Lester link series golf-cart battery charger:
Leicester links series golf cart batteries are among the most effective chargers available in the market that can be used on the industrial base. One of the most advanced features that are introduced in it is its microprocessor technology. So that’s why it provides maximum efficiency.
These Leicester links Chargers also operate even on low voltage. The minimum voltage required for the Leicester link charger to operate is a maximum of 30 volts. It means if you provide a low voltage to it will still operate effectively. For the charger to function, it mustn’t be plugged in the cart.
This charger operates even on your old batteries. If your battery timings are less than four hours, then you can still regulate your batteries with these chargers. These Chargers are very user-friendly, and everyone can use them.
- User friendly: The chargers are very user-friendly; you can charge your cart at your home; you don’t need any assistance, and you also don’t worry about the fact that your battery is running out of charge.
- Sensors: It has automatic sensor technology in it so that your battery will stop charging when it is full. So there is zero chance of damage to your battery even you charge them overnight; hence, your device’s reliability is guaranteed.
- Electric Lester: One of the most important features introduced in this Lester series charger is Lester electric technology. It prevents your device from overcharging it to enhance your device’s lifetime and is highly efficient.
- Power range: It has the input range in the AC mode from 110 to 120 volt, and it has a frequency of about 60 hertz. It means it requires an alternating signal of 60 hertz so that it operates the device and DC output is about 48 boats, and the current that passes through it is 13 amperes.
If you look for an affordable and easy-to-carry cart charger, this is a perfect option. You don’t need to worry about your battery life; you can charge it even at your home. This is the perfect and quick 48 volts charger for the golfers.
6. 48 volts EZGO RXV TXT battery charger
It is one of the best 48 volts 15-ampere chargers available in the market. The best thing about this charger is that it has three pins included in it that support the batteries’ easy charging. So you need a very short time to charge your cart properly. So it is highly useful for professionals.
It has an automatic light trickle function introduced in it. It means it has LED lights Introduce in it that inform the users about the power usage and the battery status of your device. It has a very unique and universal design that is RXV style. The maximum time required for the charger to charge your device is 4 to 6 hours.
It has a very effective and long battery life. It means if you change your device fully once, you don’t need to charge it for the longest time. The battery prolongs a day and even more. The power that it consumes is very low. It requires 110 to 120 Voltage of the household power to function properly.
- Plug forget technology: It has plug forget technology in it. The Advanced Engineers introduced a very Soft switch technology introduced in it. It means once you plug your charger into your cart, you don’t need to worry about the damage and retraining of your batteries. It provides a safe path to your device.
- Design of device: It is a very beautiful sleek design, and it is very convenient for the users to handle it, and they can carry it with them everywhere they want. It has a 50% lighter weight than completely other ordinary charges available in the market.
- Aluminum coils protection: It has die-cast aluminum in it, which enhances its durability. It means these aluminum coils in it. Protect your charger from any external damage and enhance the battery life of your device.
- Mode of operation: The best thing about this charger is that it operates both on the AC and the DC modes so that you don’t need to think about whether the power supply available to your household is AC or DC.
Suppose you are looking for a 48 Volt perfect charger for your device. In that case, this is the perfect option for you because it consumes a very small amount of time and it charges your device completely, and it has a perfect battery life, so don’t worry about your device’s battery life for a long time. Even once you completely charge it, it is a perfect option for the business and the professionals.
7. Schauer Golf Cart Battery charger
This charger is a perfect choice for the user that uses their devices bulkily. It is one of the best Bulk 48 Volt chargers available in the market. The current that it carries is about 80 amperes per hour. The best thing that this charger provides you auto maintenance. It means it’s a floating charger.
It has an auto soft switch technology in it. It means it protects your device from any internal or external damage. It has aluminum coils introduced in it that enhance its durability. It is perfect for usage on deep cycle batteries level. It operates at both AC and DC voltage supplies of your household power.
It is one of the fastest Ferro resonant type charges available in the market that are typically faster than the traditional Chargers. They are small in size and therefore convenient for everyone to carry it, and it has a very small weight. These are highly efficient chargers and have a very small transformer.
- Automatic maintenance: The automatic function introduced in its enhanced battery life. It increases its durability due to its aluminum coils due to which the life span of your battery enhances exceptionally. The reliability of the device increases.
- Design: It has a very sleek design so that you don’t need to worry about this device’s weight as you can easily carry it everywhere you want. And it charges your device in no time. The battery timing of these charges is quite reasonable. It means that if you completely charge your device once.
- LED profiles: It has three-stage charging profiles. It means it has LED lights introduced in it that Describe the battery status of your device. The input voltage that it carries is less than 4 volts. It means you need a very small amount of voltage supply to start your device.
- Damage protection: It has Auto protection in it. It means if the polarities of the supplied voltage reverse. Then it, as a result, provides no harm to your device. Otherwise, in case it burns your device and your charger, it can also cause heavy damage.
If you are a professional golfer and you’re looking for a charger that provides you Golf cart charging in no time, this is a perfect charger for you. It charges your device very quickly, and it has a long battery life timing so that you don’t need to worry about it. It has auto maintenance, auto protection technology in it.
8. Traktronix 48V Club CAR Golf Cart Battery Charger:
The Traktronix 48 Volt Golf cart charger comes with premium quality. It has a Dual digital display. It displays the information related to its input and output voltage levels at which it works so that you will come to know that your charger is working correctly.
The design of these charges is designed to operate at 5 amperes of current for the overnight charging. Otherwise, it approximately takes four to five hours for the device to completely charge. It has a bypass introduced in it.
It has a bypassed shift introduced in it. It means if your device is completely charged, then the device automatically switches off. It protects the extra power, and hence it is very environmentally friendly. For this, it has a trickle mode in it, and that’s where it is also known as a smart charger in the market.
- Trickle Mode: The Trickle Mode introduced in it. Keep your device safe from overcharging. This smart charger protects the overcharging and hence. As a result, safety devices from any internal or external damage due to short-circuiting.
- Soft switch technology: This technology in this device has reduced the fear of damage. It has auto maintenance technology that saves your device from any excessive battery charge, resulting in damage to your device. This is the most common issue that many golfers face.
- Lightweight design: Its lightweight design makes it convenient for the users to carry it everywhere they want. This device’s design is convenient for the users who use it in their cars and other vehicles.
- Water-resistant feature: It has a water-resistant feature that can keep your smartphones, devices, and other electronics safe from any damp conditions. And it also protects against dust particles.
Suppose you’re looking for a charger that not only provides you highly efficient charging but also protected the device from any internal or external damage, internal damage in the sense that it provides your device from any short-circuiting or reverse polarity. And externally from any damage like damp conditions and dust particles, this is a perfect option for you because it enhances your device’s reliability a lot.
9. OHMOTOR Golf Cart Battery Charger:
The OHMOTOR golf cart battery charger is one of the best 48 Volt battery chargers available in the market, but it also works on the 36 Volts. The ground that passes through it per hour is 18 amperes. It provides you the LEDs that described the battery status and the motor functioning of the charger.
The mode that the charger operates is AC signal, but it also operates on the DC voltage. It provides you the current and the voltage lock. It means it saves your device from any damage like short-circuiting. Hence it increases the safety and reliability of your device to the next level.
It provides you a high efficiency. It is a high current battery, so this sparkling phenomena’ risk is enhanced due to its high current. The auto maintenance feature saves your device from any damage it has.
- Auto maintained: The high-speed batteries that charge your device to a full level also prevent your device’s overcharging. The auto functioning on it automatically switches off when the battery charge to its full.
- Environmental friendly: It is highly efficient, and it provides almost 88% of the power saving, which means it is environmentally friendly. The power dissipation in these charges is very low, almost less than 5%. It has a proper current control in it.
- Design: It has a very sleek and beautiful design. It means it is very lightweight and convenient for the users to carry it everywhere they want. It has a very high contrast voltage and current supply in it.
- LEDs: The LED indicators make it easy for the user. To estimate the battery life of these devices so that they can charge these devices on time. It is a very high-definition battery charger and is certified by the Rosh.
The OHMOTOR golf Car Chargers are perfect chargers for users looking for an efficient and reliable charger in the market. It increases your device’s reliability and life span greatly; this charger is a perfect option for you. It has a very advanced technology in it that provides short circuit protection.
10. ScaAuto Yamaha Golf Cart Charger:
This golf cart charger is one of the top 10 cart Chargers Of 2021. It has two-pin plugs in it. It also has to be light indicators introduced in it. It means you can monitor the battery status of your devices properly. The LED on your device provides the information related to the battery of the device.
The second pin shows the device’s AC signal, and it is red, and it indicates the charging status of your device. When it turns red, it means your device is fully charged. This device is highly precise, and it provides a current and voltage lock in your device, so you should make sure there is no discharging.
The current and voltage Lock technology is introduced to enhance the device’s efficiency and ensure zero discharging when it is not in use. And it is highly durable and sturdy due to the short circuit protection technology introduced in it. It means even if the polarities are reversed, it saves your device.
- Auto maintained: It has automatic charging power introduced in it, which means even if the battery charging is low, the device indicates and if the charging is. Full the device automatically shut the charger so that it saves your power.
- Efficiency: It is highly efficient due to which it conserves about 90% of your power supply and is environmentally friendly, and it costs you nothing. It conserves the power supply that is not in use.
- Aluminum shell: It has an aluminum shell that saves your device from any external damage and internal damage that, as a result, increases its durability. Even if the polarities are reversed, it also maintains your device’s life and protects it from damage in short-circuiting.
- Mode of operation: It operates at both AC and DC, more than you provide it, and it has a current of about 12 to 18 amperes per hour. It is certified by the European Environmental Protection RHS that it saves you on power.
If you are a novice and looking for a device that provides you maximum efficiency, this is a device for you. It is very lightweight and convenient for the users to carry. Along with them, it has branded Lead-acid batteries introduced in it that enhanced your device’s precision.
Buying guide – Best 48 Volt Golf Cart Battery Charger
You already have spent the money on buying an electric golf cart, and now when that is standing in the yard beautifully, the next thing is to buy a battery charger so that you can use your cart.
Before buying any charger for the battery, you must consider some factors to help you get the right one. Keep the following factors and aspects in mind before rushing to buy so that you buy the one which can fulfill the battery and golf cart needs in a better way.
So let’s rush to the factors!
Size of battery charger:
You might have seen that the battery chargers come up in different sizes, which vary in the volts. The battery chargers are 12, 36, 48 volts, similar to the battery’s size. First of all, check your battery’s volts, whether 36 or 48; then buy the same volts’ charger.
Never buy a charger different from the battery’s size as it will damage the battery and charger too when you plug it in.
This depends on your preference for how many levels you want in your golf cart battery. The amperage level describes that how fast your charger can charge the battery in one go.
If you want a quickly charging charger, buy the high amperage rating charger to fulfill your need rapidly. Remember, the fast charging depends upon another important factor: how much you discharged your battery of golf cart.
Types of battery chargers:
Before buying, keep in mind that the battery chargers come up in several types that either suit your battery or not. You can decide the type of charger by knowing the model of your golf cart and battery.
If you have an old cart, then you require a non-automatic charger. With the latest golf carts, you need to buy smart chargers, which you can say as an automatic charger. The smart chargers are the recommendation as they have a lot of amazing features and safety measures.
It is essential to check the charger’s plug connector before buying because it has to match your golf cart battery’s connector to charge it.
Sometimes, you buy a charger, but its plug connector is not compatible with the golf cart battery’s plug type. This causes the problem as you will then have to buy a new one, so buy smartly and carefully.
After noticing the above factors, you can then check out the extra features that almost every charger has differently. The latest technologies and additional safety measures make a charger more appealing to buyers.
Buy a charger that has multi-stage charger processing. Some chargers have trickle charging technology, and some offer resistance to dust and water. Always search properly before buying any charger for your golf cart battery.
frequently asked questions
1) Are the smart battery chargers compatible with every type of battery?
Usually, the smart chargers are versatile, enabling them to cop up with every type of battery, whether lead acid or AGM ones. These chargers are known as versatile chargers because of their ability to charge every type of battery without difficulty.
Some batteries are not compatible with every type of battery as they are specific ones. Whenever you buy the battery charger, check your battery type before; so that you don’t have to worry after buying the charger for your golf cart.
2) Do the chargers charge the battery properly if I using it after a long time?
Yes, if you are using a high-quality charger for your golf cart battery, it will charge you a battery if you are using it after a long time. If you are a player who plays monthly, you should buy a charger, which will help you.
The smart chargers help you in properly maintaining your battery. Sometimes your cart stands in the garage for a long time, and if you have a premium quality charger, it will also take care of the battery respectively.
3) Can I charge my 48-volt golf cart with a 12-volt charger?
The answer to this question depends upon various factors. First of all, keep in mind that a 48-volt golf cart battery needs at least 32 volts for proper charging. If you have a 12-volt battery, you have to pair the two of them for sure.
The 12-volt batteries are mostly occupied by cars; if you have a charger with the latest technologies, it might have the ability to charge without the voltage requirements. However, try not to do this regardless of any emergency.
4) How much time a 48 golf cart battery takes to charge completely?
The 48V battery chargers come up with different amperage levels, which determine the time of charge fully. If you recently bought the new battery and charger, then it will take about 1 to 3 hours at one time. If you have an old battery, then it takes much time.
The amp levels tell about how rapidly the specific charger will charge your golf cart battery. The 17 amp level completes the charging more quickly as compared to the 15 amp level. So it’s up to you to buy which battery charger.
5) In which way can I come through that whether my battery causes problem or charger?
In most cases, the battery is causing the problem if you have any problem driving the golf cart properly. There are many procedures and ways to check who is causing the actual problem in the golf cart’s running.
To check your charger, plug the charger with another golf cart battery, then after some time, check whether it charges. If it charges then, it means that your battery causes a problem, not the charger. This is the easiest way to check.
6) Is my golf cart battery fully charged through smart chargers?
If you have the automatic (smart) battery chargers for charging, it will charge your battery completely. The people usually ask that their batteries charge after every 30 minutes if they unplug it and then plug it again. It happens because it is quite normal.
In smart batteries, this procedure is normal because it first gets the sample of reading of the battery’s voltage whenever you plug in the charger. Due to this, the amp level shoots up, and after some time, it comes down, and then charging will start.
7) Can I leave my golf cart charger into the battery for a long time?
Yes, because the latest battery chargers have the feature of automatically charging to store the charge. These latest batteries come up with amazing safety features, and having these give you complete peace of mind and comfort.
Moreover, these chargers automatically maintain the conditions of the battery. If there will be an issue with the battery, the smart chargers will tell you as they have the LED systems inside. So don’t worry about anything if you have smart chargers on your side.
8) If my battery’s voltage gets down very much, will my charger charge such a battery?
The automatic battery chargers are not capable of charging the dead or discharged batteries. There is a range of minimum volts at which the smart chargers can start charging the golf cart battery. They need at least 20 to 25 volts across the 36-volt battery.
If you have a 48-volt golf cart battery, your charger requires at least 30 to 35 volts to start charging your battery. Before charging the dead batteries, you have to keep in mind that every charger cannot do so.
9) Once my golf cart battery completely charged, will the charger automatically stops or not?
Yes, if you have an automatic charger for your golf cart battery. These smart batteries are designed to stop the charging when your battery is fully charged automatically. Having these chargers for your battery, you don’t need to worry anymore.
These chargers also protect your golf cart battery from overcharging. If you have this charger, you don’t have to manually off the charger once it fully charges. So always buy the smart chargers as they will provide you more safety and also ease.
10) Is it normal that my golf cart battery charger gets up hot when it is working?
It’s quite normal for a charger to get a bit hot whenever it is working. It happens that when you buy the new charger, it charges without getting warm for some time. But with time to time, it starts getting hot, and you might be worried about it.
It all depends on the battery charger’s time and working that how much it is working, or how long it’s been working. It also relies on how much your batteries are discharged and how much time it takes to charge fully.
Spending money on buying a premium quality golf-cart battery charger is an important way of maintaining your batteries in great condition. If you make the right choice once, you will enjoy the golf cart battery for a long period.
This article has provided you the best golf cart battery chargers that will surely help you get the right one for you. All of them are the best and outstanding in their way no matter which one you choose.
In our recommendation, the best one among all of them is the golf cart king’s MODZ max48 golf cart battery charger. This charger fulfills your golf cart’s needs by giving high-quality performance and outstanding features. The latest technologies make this worth charger buying, and it values good for money for sure.
It’s up to your choice that which one you like or choose; we just hope that this guide on golf-cart battery chargers will help you a lot in this matter.